Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
NPI Program Manager / Design Engineer
The NPI Program Manager plans and executes major strategic product development programs assuring that the resulting products meet quality standards, performance expectations and cost and schedule targets. The Program Manager sets the company standard for project management performance and best practices and develops tools that scientists and engineers will use for smaller projects. Additionally, the Program Manager will specify and manage outsourced projects for electrical/electronic hardware and embedded firmware.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Manage key product development projects using structured management tools such as MS Project.
- Take a lead role in building project management tools and templates for use by the rest of the team.
- Own the processes and systems for managing multiple programs, tracking resource commitments, resolving conflicts and overloads and identifying critical resource gaps.
- Provide engineering leadership in refining and supporting the structured NPI phase gate process.
- Exercise design leadership for electrical and electronic aspects of Energetiq products.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting any electrical issues that may arise.
- Own the architecture and specifications for any new controller design.
- Manage outsourced electrical/electronic design resources and activities.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters preferred.
- Five years hands-on electrical/electronic design experience.
- Five years experience managing product development in a stage gate environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint and working knowledge of Access database.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with multiple concurrent projects is essential.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project; Experience using MS Project Server preferred.
- Training or certification in project management is highly desired.
- Experience with switching power supplies and highly regulated current drivers (e.g. TEC controllers and Laser Diode drivers strongly desired.
- Experience with industrial control platforms, embedded controls and vacuum systems is a plus.