Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
The Mechanical Designer will work with Project Managers, Design Engineers and Scientists to manage and create detail designs of light sources, their respective controllers and assembly fixtures. This will include the integration of both optical, mechanical and sheet metal components. Candidate must have a firm understanding of common materials, their properties & appropriate finishes. This position will also require the ability to create and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM’S), work instructions and assembly drawings through our ECO process.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Work with engineering to create 3D model layouts as part of new product development or as a sustaining activity for current product lines.
- Support engineering & science departments in the creation of opto-mechanical designs and detail drawings.
- Create and maintain BOM’s, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Manage release of new designs and changes through an ECO process. Knowledge of PDM software a plus.
- Provide support for sales and marketing by presenting designs, detail drawings and outline drawings for customer specific projects and new product releases.
- Support manufacturing by expediting ECO’s to solve real-time issues with incoming parts.
- Working with materials organization to compile and evaluate cost effectiveness of new designs.
- Respond to internal customer inquiries, train end-users and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Responsible for all changes related to sku discontinuation
- Initiate Master Data updates as necessary, ensuring completion of corrections.
- Will take part in mass data updates in SysyPro ERP systems as necessary.
- Provide training for new team members.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned by manager.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have 5 years of experience in mechanical design using Solidworks.
- Strong technical understanding of drafting standards and ASME Y14.5, as well as, a firm understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and its application.
- Ability to create cost-effective machine parts.
- Ability to create custom electronic packaging employing sheet metal.
- Strong geometry and trigonometry skills for complex optical layouts.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills including the creation of presentations using Powerpoint. Ie. Design proposals.
- Ability to apply Hands-on skills for assembly of prototypes is a plus.
- Associate Degree in technical field or equivalent.
- Experience with optical design is a plus.